Wednesday, May 3, 2023

AND I FLY AGAIN!

 


A week from now I will be at Mumbai airport, transiting to the international section to check in for my flight to Sydney, Australia. Never thought I'd be going again but I am, I am!

Three weeks ago, plans changed and I decided to go after all. Couldn't miss my best friend and soul sister's wedding to her perfect soulmate, could I? It took ten extra-long years for her to finally get her marriage annulled, years spent in EXPECTANT HOPE.

 So, here I am, all packed and ready to go, two weeks in advance. You know me, I love being well prepared. Took pictures of all the contents, used my packing cubes (just love them) and kept a pair of slip-ons handy to go to the washroom, especially on the long-haul flights.  

Check-in on the left,
 cabin on the right. 








This time the weather is going to be a challenge for me as it could get sub zero and I have never experienced that sort of climate before. If I survive it, I know I can survive anything. My friend has everything sorted out, including medical insurance. I have carried most of the winter wear that I had brought back with me the last time I visited Australia. Some of them will not be coming back with me as I did not use them here in India. Our weather, even in winter, is warm.

 Last week, I visited my dentist Dr Gretchen Pinto and GP Dr Ashish Rodricks for medical updates. I then ordered my medicines online. Most have come by now. 

I also visited Roma's and got my hair dyed and trimmed. I'm still taking time getting used to the new black look! 


I am looking forward to meeting my Jamiechoo and posing for another edition of our famous bathrobe picture. 


Today, I tried out my in-flight clothing. Layering is very important, they say, because it can get very cold inside the plane. Some airlines do not offer blankets so it's best to be prepared. Since our weather here in Goa is pretty hot at the moment, I will be wearing a kurti over my jeggings. Also, I kept ready a polo neck skivvy that goes under the kurti and a thick jacket over it. These two I will put on once I am inside the airport. 

Goa to Mumbai outfit 

Mumbai to Sydney outfit. 

Once I reach Sydney and get over the jet lag, I intend going daily for Mass, a nice brisk walk twice a day, maybe some swimming if I get a chance and, of course, sticking to the diet plan given to me. The aim is to get into at least one size smaller than what I am right now. 

My friend has lots of exciting things planned for BEFORE and AFTER the wedding. I am so excited just thinking about it all! There's a mehndi session and a salon treatment lined up for us girls, to name a few. 

I'll also be singing two songs, one at the nuptials and another one at the reception. Been practising like crazy these days to get the tunes perfected. The former is an original composition by Margaret Raisbeck, a dear friend of hers, and the latter is a famous Konkani song written by Chris Perry. 

@copyrighted Margaret Raisbeck 

Link to the Chris Perry song here below incase you want it sung for a wedding some time soon. 😉

https://youtu.be/msduMJlAkBo



It's been long time coming but I finally made the decision to gift my godchild the diamond ring my grandmother wore for her engagement. I had planned on passing it onto my daughter but now she won't be needing it anymore. I have requested my friend to wear it for the engagement party if there's one. 

The tourist visa I got is for three years so I can use it again if I need to. Who knows what's in store for me in the future! Only time will tell. As for now, I am content knowing that I am going to be with good company for the next two months and more.  


@aurrsa

#fromtheheartofaurrsa


No comments:

Post a Comment