Wednesday, October 19, 2022

THE LAST LAP, THE FIRST TRIP

COUNTDOWN 

              begins TODAY!


With painting going on in full swing and the pulling of wires completed by the electrician, we enter the final phase of 'waiting to move' today.  It feels like the last month of pregnancy. The only difference is we know the DUE DATE. But, just like an unexpected arrival, (and believe me, I've had experience here), THAT DATE could shift drastically. 


Today, we pushed a cupboard out into the living room area. Tomorrow we will do the same to the other two. This will save some time when they actually have to exit from our present home on 21 Oct. 



The boxes that fit into these cupboards are also kept out in the living room, ready to go with the diwan, the folding table, the kitchen cabinet and the freezer on the first trip. I would have liked the fridge to go too as it is rather bulky but I know we'll be stranded without it! So, we are keeping it to go with us on the second trip. 

Talking about the fridge, well, I have started using up whatever is in it so by D-day, it should be fairly empty. Whatever remains will go into a freezer bag and taken with us. By then, the freezer should be functional and we can store the things right into it as we wait for the fridge to stabilize (usually takes 24 hours). 

With the diwan and cupboards out of the way, the living room will be spacious enough to start piling up the rest of our stuff - the not-frequently-used items - and the everyday-used ones. The latter will go in last into OPEN FIRST boxes. 

I have packed most of my glassware into small-sized boxes as glass tends to be very heavy. These will go on the second trip in a separate van and not in the hired vehicle. The rest of our furniture, our suitcases, the fridge, washing machine and inverter will go in the hired vehicle while the coffee table and nightstands will go in the van (they have glass tops). 

Our pets are already getting stressed out, sensing that "all is not well". I've been reassuring them that they will be moving with us! 

I too am trying to destress, doing deep breathing exercises after each packing session. It is so difficult to have to wait for the day when I will be saying my final ADIEU to CS7 and a HELLO  to G5. I do hope that this will be my last move until I move to the Bastora cemetery permanently to be with my Lord!

So, countdown begins today. Will update daily here on this post as we complete milestones. Till tomorrow then. 

UPDATE: 20 Oct


Packed the second cupboard last night. Glenn says to wait till the ceilings are painted to move the furniture in. Sensible but I am frustrated at the wait! 

5 pm
Glenn has changed his mind! Wants ALL the things to go only after painting, electrical and plumbing works are completed. Sigh! 

UPDATE: 21 Oct

We are in limbo as all boxes that were to remain inside the cupboards are now sealed. I am slowly emptying out the fridge. The freezer is already empty as I expected it to go in the FIRST TRIP. We are also prepping meals according to what we already have around the kitchen. I bet we will come up with some novel recipes!!

As food vanishes from the open pantry, so will their containers vanish into the storage cartons kept precisely for this last minute packing. 




We went to the local bank in Bastora to open a new savings account. Rates being higher than the present bank we patronize, we hope to get 'more bang for our buck'. 

UPDATE: 22 Oct

UPDATE: 23 Oct

UPDATE: 24 Oct

UPDATE: 25 Oct

UPDATE: 26 Oct

UPDATE: 27 Oct

UPDATE: 28 Oct

UPDATE: 29 Oct

UPDATE: 30 Oct 







No comments:

Post a Comment